Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Review} Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron

A few months ago I realized that my current flat iron was starting to die off.  I started noticing that "burnt" smell and didn't want to even think about what it was doing to my hair.  So it was time to start looking for a new one.  I have usually stuck with the fairly cheaper ones, but decided to look at upgrading this time.

So I did a search online and found folica.com and their Top 10 Flat Irons list.  After looking through several choices and reading several reviews, I decided to go with the Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron.  I loved that there were color options, so I of course chose the Hot Pink.  Now this flat iron was quite a bit more than I'm used to spending on them, but Folica just happened to be having a 20% off sale plus free shipping and you get a free heat proof pouch, so I decided to just go for it.  And I'm so glad I did!

This flat iron works perfectly.  My hair is naturally curly/frizzy, so it usually takes quite a bit of time to get my hair to the desired straight look.  But it takes no time at all with this flat iron!  It has cut my getting ready time in the morning by about ten minutes.  I definitely appreciate that time!  
It also keeps my hair straight all day.  Now it's hard to say since there's no humidity right now, so we'll have to see how it does next summer, but I'm pretty positive it will do better than my old cheapy.  I'm excited to find out though.
Another little thing, the cord for this iron is quite a bit longer than my old one, which I love.  It's just a little more convenient.  The flat iron also comes with a 2 year warranty, so I'm expecting that it'll live a long happy life with me.  We'll have to see how it does!  


Disclaimer:  I was not paid or given anything for this review.  My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation.  This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours. 

6 comments:

  1. I love it! And also love that it is pink! So cute! Great review! :)

    Kim
    Chubby Cheeks Thinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog & for the sweet comment! I'm now following you back. I need a good flat iron too...naturally curly hair. I just might have to break down & spend a little more to get one that works! I'm also hosting my first giveaway on my blog for a free My Memories digital scrapbooking software if your interested you can enter until Saturday.
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in the market for a good straightener, I just can't give up my old one yet!

    New follower on GFC and Twitter from friend and follow. Would love if you follow me back at http://potatochipcats.blogspot.com/

    PS how did you get the keep in touch widget?? my site is a mess with following links ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, I'm following you now as well!

      As for the buttons, if you just do a search for free social media buttons, you'll find a ton of options. Find the ones you like and save them to a photo share website, such as photobucket. Then on your Blogger layout, add an html gadget and use this code:

      Ok, it won't let me post the code in here, but if you'd like you can send me an email to cassiesgiveaways{at}yahoo{dot}com and I can help you out!

      Delete