Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Best Picture Nominee Challenge


In honor of tonight's Academy Awards, my husband and I have decided to take on a challenge.  We want to watch every movie that has been nominated for Best Picture.  Ever.  That's a lot, but I really want to do it!

We've already seen several on the list, so that helps, but we still have a ton to check off.  I found a list of all the nominees and then created my own chart in Microsoft Word that I can keep updated.  Our plan is to watch one movie a week.  I think we should be able to stick to that, for the most part.  We'll see how long this takes!

Has anyone else ever taken on this challenge?  Want to join in with me?  Well I'm planning on doing a weekly update, so feel free to comment with what movie(s) you've watched.  We're going to start with the most recent, 2011.  We actually haven't seen any of these yet.  The first on my Netflix list will be Moneyball.  I've heard good things about it, so I'm excited to check it out for myself! 

2011

The Artist

The Descendants

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

The Help

Hugo

Midnight in Paris

Moneyball

The Tree of Life

War Horse

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see Moneyball nominated - we did see it and it was a great movie! I would see it again. We did not get to see the others yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm excited to see who wins! Several of them look really good.

    ReplyDelete