Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Pinned It - I Tried It - I Liked It!

The pin that started it all:



As soon as I saw this pin for cinnamon rolls waffles, I was intrigued!  I followed the link to A Hen's Nest, and realized it really was as simple as buying a can of cinnamon rolls, placing 4 at a time on your greased waffle maker, heating for 3 minutes, and there you have it - cinnamon roll waffles!



They were good!  They still have that same cinnamon roll flavor as they would had you made them in the oven, but they have a crispy texture like waffles.  It was a fun twist!

One thing to note: I bought the Grand's Cinnamon Rolls which have the extra cinnamon flakes on top and that caused a little bit of sticking to the top waffle iron.  The waffles came out okay, but it caused a bit of a mess to clean up.  So if I make them again I think I'll try a different brand and see if that was the reason or not.

5 comments:

  1. Coming to follow you back from The Second Thought - these look yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, you post made me hungry :D Btw, this is my first time visiting your blog. Do come & visit mine if you have the time.

    Thanks
    Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM! That sounds so good!! I will definitely have to try it! Would be cute to serve at a brunch-time shower. :) thanks for sharing... I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy!!! Thanks for sharing. I will have to give this a try.

    Pinterest rocks!! I am so addicted to that site. You can find such amazing things. I will follow you there as well. :)

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and follow me as well. Also check out our giveaway for a $170 Technogel Pillow if you are interested. Thanks
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete