Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Pinned It - I Tried It - I Liked It!

The pin that started it all:

Source: etsy.com via Cassie on Pinterest


You might recognize this pin from Pinterest Monday a couple weeks ago.  Well, after having it pinned for several months, I finally decided it was time to make it!  And I love the way it turned out!  The pin just goes to an Etsy shop, so I kind of figured it out on my own. 

Here's what I did:

You'll need to buy a wreath and some yarn.  I already had some white and yellow, from a Halloween project I made last fall, so I decided to use that and just buy some gray yarn.  I'm really loving the gray and yellow color combo right now.



Start by hot gluing the end of each color onto your wreath.


Then just start wrapping the yarn around.  I wrapped it pretty random.  Some with several strands of the same color together, and then big gaps in between the color.  Wrap each of your three colors around until the wreath is completely covered.  Then cut the ends and hot glue them to the same side you started them on.

Now for the felt flowers.  I used this tutorial here.

First you'll cut 13 circles of each color.  1 at 3" in diameter and 12 at 2".



For your 12 smaller circles, you'll add some hot glue to the center and press them together to look like this.


Then you'll start to hot glue them to your larger circles.  You'll first glue 4 around the edge and then place the others wherever they fit in and make sure they're glued together.


Finally you'll glue them onto your wreath.  Use plenty of glue both in the middle and all around the edge.


The last thing you'll do is attach your ribbon.  You can have a bow or just a small loop.  I did the loop.  I didn't take a picture, but I just hot glued the end of the ribbon on the back of my wreath and looped it over the top and around the front, so it hangs in the back.  Use plenty of hot glue here, too.

And there you have it!  Cute, right?!


2 comments:

  1. It turned out very cute! I love the gray and yellow, too, right now!

    ReplyDelete