Wednesday, April 4, 2012

{Review} Hotels.com


I’ve been using Hotels.com for planning our trips for several years now.  It is the easiest way I’ve found to search for hotels and be able to quickly compare prices.  So when I started planning our family vacation to Arizona (that will begin tomorrow!!!), they were my go-to site for picking hotels.


From their website:
“Hotels.com gives travelers one of the widest selections of accommodation on the net, including both independent and major chain hotels as well as self-catering in over 145,000 properties worldwide. The company offers a one-stop shopping source for hotel pricing, amenities and availability and also specializes in providing travelers with accommodation during sold-out periods.”

For our Arizona trip, the hotel planning was a bit more complicated.  We will be flying to Tucson (where my brother and his girlfriend live), spending a couple days there and then driving to Phoenix, Sedona, and the Grand Canyon.  So we’ll be staying at several different hotels. 

Hotels.com lets you select your location, dates you’ll be staying, how many people will be in the room, and then begins the search.  When it brings up your list of hotels in the area, you can then narrow down your search.  You can select a price range, hotel rating, preferred neighborhood or landmark you would like to stay near, and any hotel amenities.  When your new search results come up, you can then filter by price, rating, or distance.  Whatever makes it easiest for you to search through the hotel options.

When you open a hotel link, you will first see some pictures of the hotel, a hotel overview, and the room options with pricing.  There are also tabs for a map of the area and reviews from past hotel guests. 

The reviews tab is the first one I tend to visit.  I think it’s the best way to get a good feel of what the hotel is really like.  Now, you have to keep in mind that some people will only leave a review if they have something to complain about.  And some of the reviews I’ve read over the years have some of the silliest (to me) complaints I’ve ever heard of.  I think most hotels will have some bad reviews, so I go by what the majority is.  I’m really not too picky when it comes to hotels.  I like something that is on the cheaper side, but still nice enough.  I also tend to go for hotels that include a free breakfast.  I always include that on my search.  But other than that, like I said, I’m usually good with whatever.

For our trip, we’ll be staying at a Ramada Inn & Suites, a La Quinta Inn, a Super 8, and a Days Inn.  So you can see we really don’t have a preference for any specific hotel.  A lot of hotels will give you reward points for booking with them each trip, but since we don’t really do that, hotels.com helps us out.  If you create an account with them, you will be able to earn free nights with their Welcome Rewards program.  Once you accumulate 10 nights, you will get 1 free!  This is just another great benefit Hotels.com offers.

If you haven’t used Hotels.com before, it’s time to start planning your next trip with them!


Disclaimer:  I was not paid or given anything for this review.  My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation.  This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment