Sunday, April 22, 2012

TBPNC - Week 6


Week 6 of the challenge was The Help.

The plot via Wikipedia:

"The Help is a 2011 drama film adaptation of Kathryn Stockett's novel of the same name, adapted for the screen and directed by Tate Taylor. The film is an ensemble piece about a young white woman, Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan, and her relationship with two black maids during Civil Rights era America (the early 1960s). Skeeter is a journalist who decides to write a controversial book from the point of view of the maids (referred to as "the help"), exposing the racism they are faced with as they work for white families."

I loved it!!!  I had read the book last fall and have been excited to finally see it available on my Netflix list.  I was hoping it would live up to my love of the book, and to my surprise, it did!  It was great!  Andrew had not read the book, but he also really liked it.

Cassie's rating: 

Andrew's rating: 


2011
The Artist

The Descendants

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

The Help
X
Hugo
X
Midnight in Paris
X
Moneyball
X
The Tree of Life
X
War Horse



No comments:

Post a Comment